North Tipperary Wheelers is implementing the club plan to attract and provide for new junior members. The objective is to attract a small number of riders by commencing with a training spin on four successive Saturday mornings commencing on March 22nd 2014.
- Junior training is aimed at students in secondary school and an information campaign to attract new members for this group is being launched.
- The first training spin for our junior members will take place at 10.30am on Saturday March 22nd for between 1 – 1.5 hours and continue, initially, for a total of four weeks.
- To make this possible we need the assistance to 2 cyclists from our club racing group on each Saturday as well as one committee member. You will simply be required to accompany the junior group on a pre-designated route and to offer some tips and advice as you go. The success of this initiative, which will have long term benefits for our club, only requires a small number of people to volunteer their services for just one Saturday during March and April. You will be fully briefed on the route, pace etc. in advance of the spin.
- (For members) To volunteer for a particular slot simply click on the link below and write your name in the appropriate space. http://bit.ly/1n5Qrdp Alternatively, please submit your interest by email to email@example.com or contact Michael Molamphy (Wheelers Junior Development Officer) on 087 2044324.
- If you are aware of any potential juniors then please forward/share this link with them or with their parents.
For parents of potential juniors, this is a great opportunity for juniors to try club cycling and to get some cycling tutition, training and safety advise from more experienced riders who are happy to pass this knowledge on. junior cycling trainingThe Club Junior Development Officer -Michael Molamphy (087 2044324) or the Club President/Chairperson Pat Bergin (087 6744400) will be happy to provide further clarification to parents on any aspect of this scheme.
In the meantime, we look forward to meeting junior cyclists.